The world of business is changing. Fresh technologies and innovative strategies are being released at a remarkable pace. One such technology that is on the tip of everyone’s tongue at the moment is robotic process automation (RPA), and artificial intelligence (AI).
Here at Oracle CMS, we are proud to count ourselves among the pioneers driving businesses forward into the future with the power of technology guiding our trajectory.
Simply put, robotic process automation (as the name suggests) is a “robot that automates processes”. Of course, nothing is ever as simple as it seems, so there is a lot more to it than that.
In broader terms, RPA is a technology that allows anyone to configure computer software (a robot) to replicate the actions of a person interacting with a digital system when carrying out their day-to-day business processes.
Monkey see, monkey do better.
RPA robots utilise the user interface in order to capture and manipulate data & applications in the same way that humans do, only more efficiently. These bots are able to communicate with other systems, interpret information, and trigger responses whilst carrying out a multitude of repetitive tasks. Tasks that we neither want nor to need to do any more (a.k.a, the grunt work). Oh, and when we say that RPA software robots are better, we mean significantly so! Robots don’t sleep and they never make mistakes.
Here are some typical RPA processes:
– Data Extraction
– Invoice Processing
– Processing Queries
– Maintaining Customer Data
– Validating Files
When compared to other traditional IT solutions, RPA always comes out on top. This is because RPA allows organisations to automate their systems at a fraction of the cost and time invested. It is a non-intrusive software which effortlessly leverages existing infrastructure without any disruptions to the underlying system—systems which would otherwise be a nightmare to replace. With robotic process automation, cost efficiency & compliance are simply a by-product of the automation itself—a bonus, if you will.
– Instant benefit realisation
– Minimal upfront investment (with huge R.O.I)
– Non-invasive in nature (augmenting underlying systems)
– Easily led by you with additional support from IT
– Highly scalable
– Responsive to changing business circumstances
Automation has been around for quite some time. RPA has slowly evolved from simple screen scraping automation in the 1990s, through workflow automation, to its temporary form of recording and scripting capabilities. The next phase is in effect, leveraging AI and machine learning capabilities for the benefit of every business willing to embrace the future.
Credit for the term “Robotic Process Automation” goes to Blue Prism, with founders David Moss and Alastair Bathgate coining RPA on July 26th, 2001.
The fact is robots are here to stay and artificial intelligence is going to experience immeasurable growth over the coming decade. The sooner you get in and harvest the potential, the sooner you will be able to gain a significant competitive edge over your fellow runners. Here’s everything you need to know:
– Higher Accuracy: RPA software robots are designed to follow rules. They do not need to sleep, and they never make mistakes. They are the digitalised embodiment of compliance & consistency.
– Perfectly Reliable: Once programmed, RPA robots execute their orders reliably, whilst significantly reducing risk. Every single action is monitored and recorded, thus giving you complete control to operate at the highest standards.
– Fast Cost-Saving Results: Robotic process automation can reduce your processing costs by 80% and demonstrate a healthy return on investment after only 12 months.
– Improved Speed & Productivity: Your employees will be the first to experience the irrefutable benefits of RPA as it will remove the need for them to carry out low-value activities, further relieving the rising pressures of the modern workplace.
– Impressive Scalability: From cloud to desktop environments, RPA can perform huge operations in parallel, across a wide range of business units and destinations. In addition to that, you can deploy multiple robots quickly and at minor expense; the potential for growth is awesome.
If you don’t know it already then let us be the one to tell you that the future is data. There is nothing more valuable in business right now, than information. The more data you have on the various processes, interactions, and responses that your organisation handles on a daily basis, the better equipped you will be to position yourself, leagues, ahead of your competitors.
RPA can not only streamline your workflow by automating the time-consuming tasks, but they can also record vast amounts of invaluable and actionable data. Data that you can use to improve every single aspect of your business and its operations.
If this is something that you would be interested in exploring further, then we’d love to hear from you. We understand how overwhelming the world of AI and automation can be, so simply get in touch with Oracle CMS today and we will gladly guide you through the fog.
Enter your details below and we will reach out to you soon